Vita Balm - VitaBalm’s formula, a hypoallergenic face care product, is our most beloved. The "VitaBalm feeling" is difficult to describe, but once you do experience it, you will never want to be without it day or night! Contains no fragrance and is dye free, so it is a great product for those with sensitive skin or a perfume allergy. Whenever you cleanse your skin, follow at once with VitaBalm, applying a small amount to your face and neck morning and evening. You may experience a slightly tacky feel to the skin that disappears as VitaBalm is absorbed. Once absorbed it leaves your skin with a near velvety appearance. Always use VitaBalm under all of your other products. Once absorbed follow up with a moisturizer like Oasis Mosisture Balm and then your make up during the day. When using VitaBalm at night, follow up with Vita Magic Night Cream. Skin care that is cruelty free. This hypoallergenic face care product contains no fragrance, dyes or paraben preservatives.
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer 934, Triethanolamine, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (oat), Caprylyldroxamic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol
- Glycerin is usually derived from corn, but not always. A by-product of soap manufacturing, glycerin has strong humectant properties and emollient qualities, which means its job in this hypoallergenic face care product is to help soften the skin and help it retain moisture by absorbing moisture from the air. Retaining moisture helps to keep skin looking healthy and in its best condition.
- Propylene glycol is an organic alcohol -used in this hypoallergenic face care product as a surfactant (helping ingredients mix together and help keep product from separating) and as a skin conditioner. The conditioning part works by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness to the skin.
- Carbomer 934 keeps this hypoallergenic face care product from separating into its oil and water components and also used as a thickening agent. Carbomer gives this hypoallergenic skin care product its rich texture. Carbomer does not absorb into the skin. 934 refers to its molecular weight.
- Triethanolamine is sometimes used as a coating ingredient in fresh fruits and vegetables. In this hypoallergenic face care product it is used as an emulsifier, so that water soluble and oil soluble ingredients can be blended together. It is also used to control the pH and it is what enables this product to thicken into a gel.
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (oat)- made from oats, this vegetable protein helps the skin in so many ways: it helps the skin retain and add moisture which in turn gives the skin softness. Hydrolized Vegetable Protein made from oats also improves the feel property of this hypoallergenic face care product, which in turn gives your skin a near velvety smoothness after drying.
- Capryldroxamic Acid is an organic acid. It is used as a preservative in this product, to prevent fungus and mold growth.
- Benzyl Alcohol - is an organic alcohol found naturally in many foods and the essential oil of many plants. It is a topical anticeptic and also used as a preservative.
*The ingredients explanation for this product is for information and educational purposes only and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition. Always test a new product with care before liberal application.