S.O.S. – This is an especially effective butter-rich natural ingredient rescue product for dry skin. It contains Jojoba Oil to penetrate the skin and Petrolatum and Lanolin for dry skin to hold in that moisture. It is an S.O.S. for rough hands, feet, elbows and knees. For those extra rough heels, massage a layer of S.O.S. on in the evening before going to bed and then cover your feet with a pair of cotton socks. In the morning, remove the socks and marvel at those softer heels! New product. This product is very simular to Patricia Allison Beauty's Secret of Switzerland throat and eye cream.
Ingredients: Petrolatum, Lanolin. Jojoba Oil, Beeswax, Essential Oil
- Petrolatum –is a non comedogenic ingredient, which means it does not clog pores. It protects injured or exposed skin from harmful or annoying stimuli. It slows water loss from the skin by forming a barrier on the skins surface which makes it a wonderful ingredient to have in a product for dry skin. It is a skin conditioning agent and it can also hasten healing. It helps to keep the outside world out and the inside world in.
- Lanolin is a wax, not a fat, secreted by the sebaceous glands of sheep. Most lanolin comes from domestic sheep. Lanolin’s waterproofing properties help aid the sheep in shedding water from their coats. Lanolin is removed from sheep’s wool when the sheep is sheared. The sheep wool is then processed into textiles such as yarn or felt. The role for the lanolin is to protect its wool and skin against the ravages of climate and environment. Lanolin is great for dry skin because it also makes a great protectant for human skin.
- Jojoba Oil is extracted from the seed of the jojoba tree, a desert shrub. Jojoba oil is not really an oil, but rather a wax. Jojoba oil is very similar to our skin oil, and is therefore very beneficial as a skin conditioning agent to rehydrate your oil thirsty skin. It is not a know skin irritant, and can be used around the eyes. It is a colorless and odorless oil and a great ingredient to use in a product for dry skin.
- Beeswax is secreted by honey bees and is a by product of honey production. Beeswax has soothing and softening properties and helps the skin retain moisture. Beeswax is also known for its antiseptic and wound healing properties. It is not a know skin irritant and a great ingredient to use in a product for dry skin.
- The Essential Oil used in this product for dry skin is palmarosa, which is extracted from a grass. Palmarosa essential oil aids in moisturizing and balancing the production of skins oil while keeping the skin soft and moist which makes it a great ingredient to use in a product for dry skin. It is also known for its anti-septic properties, to help clear up minor infections. Palmarosa essential oil smells a bit like rose oil and is not a know skin irritant. When used in aromatherapy, palmarosa essential oil has an uplifting effect on the mind.
This product for dry skin does not contain any added dyes or parabens. The fragrance added to this lanolin for dry skin comes from the added essential oils combined with the natural scent of ingredients. This product is made exclusively for Patricia Allison Beauty llc.
*The ingredients explanation for this product is for information and educational purposes only and not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition. Always test a new product with care before liberal application.
www.patriciaallisonbeauty.com (c) product for dry skin, lanolin for dry skin
(content by Pam Carpman for www.PatriciaAllisonBeatuy.com)