Peppermint Pickup Gentle Stimulating Masque – This face masque, designed for gentle stimulation, is used for waking up you and your complexion the first thing in the morning. Peppermint essential oil makes this gentle stimulation masque both energizing and soothing. Smooth Peppermint Pickup Gentle Stimulating Masque generously over your face and neck. When it no longer tingles, wash it off with warm water.
- Vegetable Glycerin USP is usually derived from corn, but not always. A by-product of soap manufacturing, glycerin has strong humectant properties and emollient qualities, which means its job in this gentle stimulating masque is to help soften the skin and help it retain moisture by absorbing moisture from the air. Retaining moisture helps to keep skin looking healthy and in its best condition.
- Triethanolamine is sometimes used as a coating ingredient in fresh fruits and vegetables. In this gentle stimulating masque, it is used as an emulsifier, so that water soluble and oil soluble ingredients can be blended together. It is also used to control the pH in this product.
- Carbomer 934 keeps this gentle stimulating masque from separating into its oil and water components and also used as a thickening agent. 934 refers to the molecular weight.
- Oil of Peppermint is peppermint essential oil, a natural oil from the leaves of the peppermint plant. The peppermint plant is a hybrid between the water mint and spearmint giving it a sharp but sweet aroma. Peppermint essential oil is what gives this gentle stimulation masque its stimulation –a pronounced sense of coldness to wake up you and your complexion. As aromatherapy, peppermint essential oil has been known to help with insomnia and to enhance memory.
- Menthol is an alcohol from peppermint essential oil. It has anesthetic properties. Menthol also activates cold sensitive receptors in the skin, giving the skin a pronounced soothing, cooling, refreshing feeling.
- Methylparaben is a preservative.